Istat publications, divided into series and themes, can be purchased either directly or on subscription.
Istat offers two types of subsciptions for 2010: "General sector" will provide subscribers with the Italian statistical yearbook,
the Annual report, the Italian statistical abstract and 11 copies of the Monthly bulletin of statistics;
"All themes" subscription will provide users with one copy of the entire editorial production, except for
publications belonging to the "Techniques and Instruments", "Essays" and "Censuses" series.
As of this year, through a special booking system, users can choose to subscribe to 2010 editions with reference to one or
more themes of interest: the booked publications will be sent as they are available and a single invoice will be issued with
a 20% discount on the cover price and no charges will be applied for each single dispatch.
To take out a subscription simply fill in the A form, whereas the B form is available for bookings. Both forms, duly filled in, will have to be forwarded
(by fax or ordinary mail) to the given address (forms are available in the Italian version of this page).
The catalogue contains a complete list of Istat publications from 2000 onwards.
User support centre
ph. +39 06 4673.3102-3
fax +39 06 4673.3101-7
Marketing and promotion
ph. +39 06 4673.3278-79-80
fax +39 06 4673.3477
Istat's publications are organised in 9 series, which respond to precise information needs,
and 14 sectors, each relating to the topic dealt with.
- Yearbooks: collections of statistical information which, for each survey or sector, have been gathered during a year.
- Information: supplemented by electronic content, the series gathers together the results of the various surveys as soon as they are released. Information regarding economic trends, supplied in electronic format only, also forms part of this series.
- Subjects: examining demographic, social, environmental or economic subjects in detail.
- Methods and Rules: containing the rules, standards and classifications adopted by Istat in carrying out surveys.
- Techniques and Instruments: focusing on how methodological aspects are managed through instruments, technologies and software.
- Statistical Annals: published since 1871, the Statistical Annals bring together historical records and elements of reflection on institutional and methodological matters to further scientific debate.
- Essays: in English, concerning studies and research with a social focus, with reference to and comparisons with situations in other countries.
- Statistical Indicators: non-specialist and accessible to all, offering a clear, concise catalogue in essay form regarding specific subjects, backed by diagrams, glossaries and comments.
- Censuses: all publications regarding the censuses of agriculture, population and housing, and industry and services.
- General Area: Monthly Bulletin, Italian Yearbook of Statistics, Annual Report, Conference Proceedings and essays on historical and methodological themes
- Environment and land use: Environment, land use, climatology
- Population: Population, marriages, births, deaths, migration flows
- Health and social welfare: Health, causes of death, healthcare, social welfare
- Culture: Education, culture, elections, museums and similar institutions
- Households and society: Household behaviour (health, reading habits, consumption, etc.)
- Public administration: Public administrations, local public finances
- Justice and Security: Civil and criminal justice, crime
- Economic accounting: National and regional economic accounts
- Labour: Employment, unemployment, labour disputes, earnings
- Prices: Producer, wholesale and consumer price indices
- Agriculture and livestock: Agriculture, livestock, forestry, hunting and fishing
- Industry and services*: Industry in the narrow sense, construction, public works, transport and communications, trade, tourism, credit
- Foreign trade: Imports and exports by sector and country
* In publications released from 2008 onwards the Industry and Service Sectors have been merged.